Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Isla's Blessing

On Sunday May 6th Isla was given a name and a blessing by her father:) I can't even begin to say what a special moment that was for our family and I am so proud of Steve. He gave Isla a beautiful blessing!

My mom was able to come for the weekend and even though I had just barely seen her a few days earlier it was such a comfort and blessing to have her there with us! We had people over after the blessing for some little treats and my mom helped me out so much preparing for that.

Steve had me write down some things that stood out to me in the blessing that he gave Isla so that we could always remember what was said. I jotted down a few things quickly right after the blessing because I would like Isla to know one day what was said. Some things that stood out to me in her blessing are:
  • That she will be faithful
  • That she will be empathetic (love this one)
  • Have charity
  • Keep her covenants sacred
  • She will be healthy and live long
  • She is loved by her parents and family very, VERY much
  • She will love to give service
  • She will have a willing heart to watch out for her fellow men
  • She will go to the temple
I always want to remember that Steve got very emotional during the blessing and cried! I have only seen him cry a few times and it was such a tender moment. I also cried but I'm the mom so that is to be expected right?!? Isla really was a perfect angel the whole time she was receiving her blessing. She was asleep for the whole thing and woke up just in time at the end for Steve to hold her up and have her look at all the people.

During testimony meeting I was able to get up and bare my testimony and what a wonderful opportunity that is for us in our church. We are truly blessed:)

Even though this is the first picture here, it was actually one of the last ones taken and Isla was getting a little sick of the heat... Ignore her sad face and take a look at my cute mom!!!

I love these two:)





What a great day!


My mom loved sitting outside and soaking up the Arizona sun, Weston loved hanging out with her:)

This is where my mom could be found most of the weekend:) Glad she got to enjoy herself and relax!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Isla looks absolutely beautiful and it sounds like everything was perfect. What a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute! I didn't even know you were blessing her! Sounds like a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete