Friday, May 18, 2012

Isla's 3 month post

Bad news.... Isla is still getting older:( I guess it's okay because it's fun to watch her learn new things and I have to admit that I very much look forward to the day when I can take her out and do fun activities that she will appreciate! (but not too fast).

This last month has been full of firsts and it it is so fun to watch her as she continues to progress. 

  • She has discovered her feet and loves to kick things! 
  • She talks SO SO much. (and by talks I mean makes really cute and funny sounds that sound like talking) Most of the time when she wakes up I can just hear her in her crib talking away telling her mobile stories and kicking it:) 
  • She loves to roll over to her side and often falls asleep this way now. I am convinced she would have rolled over to her tummy by now but since she HATES being on her tummy she is avoiding it I think...
  • Because of the rolling over we can no longer swaddle her with her swaddleme that I LOVED! She slept so fantastic in that thing (that looked like a strait jacket) and last night was her first night not sleeping with it. Sadly she woke 3 times in the night because of it whereas she has been sleeping through the night great for over a month now. Hopefully this does not happen again tonight because I was one tired mama today!!!
  • She discovered Weston! She likes to look at him and thinks he's pretty neat:) Weston does not reciprocate the interest. He just ignores her which I kind of like.
  • I am starting to think her hair has a reddish hue to it, much like her cousin on the Murray side Avely. I don't know for sure yet because it seems to be changing colors everyday but that's what I've been thinking lately. 
  • She can definitely grab onto things now and holds on to them for a long period of time. She likes to hold pretty much anything including her burp cloths. 
  • She likes to eat things... Toys, hands, clothes, pretty much anything she can lift to her mouth.
  • She likes to sit up! Assisted of coarse, but she has been enjoying her bumbo lately and we like that because it gets the pressure of her poor little head.
  • She loves trying to fit both of her hands in her mouth at the same time.
  • She thinks fans are the most interesting objects.
  • She LOVES water. Bath time, swimming and listening to it run from the bath tub or faucet. 
  • She won't let me cradle her in my arms anymore unless she is pretty tired. That is one thing I already miss so much. She's not my little newborn anymore:(


Picture time! Favorites from the last few weeks...





This is her adorable pouty face... I can't help it that I think it so dang cute!

This is a video of Isla talking a little bit.





This is how she falls asleep now... I always put her on her back to start out with:)

Just hanging out in the bumbo

Helping mom with the laundry. You have to teach them young these days!!!


Isla hanging out with her friend Audree. You can tell Isla is really tall, Audree is only a week and a half younger than her.

Grandma & Isla!

Oh ya

Tired from her first swim

Get those hands in my mouth!!!

Look how tall she is!!! I swear she does not look like a 3 month old in this picture



On a last (random) note. We had the pleasure of dog sitting this little guy this last week and Weston LOVED it! They played hard and we will be sad to see Winston (yes they have similar names) go home tomorrow:( He kind of looks like my parents dog Gracie if you ask me...

4 comments:

  1. Great to see more pics and a video of our darling little niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see pictures or read about Isla the word that comes to mind is sweet. She is such a sweet little girl. I love the age of three months, I feel like it's when a baby starts to come alive before your eyes and they start becoming their own little self. We love Isla so much and can't wait to play with her in person again in a couple weeks. This time we'll let her and Miles do more bumbo time and less tummy time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures! The video is so cute as well. It makes me really excited for CJ to get talking that much. This week he has been making more sounds and interacting more but Isla is so cute when she is "talking" to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe how big she looks! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete