Tuesday, May 8, 2012

3 Weeks in Utah!

Well Isla & I Just got back from our vacation & I would like to say it was a success! Isla was a great little traveler, she pretty much just slept in the car on the way to wherever we were going. I think that part might get harder as time goes on and she realizes how trapped she is in that little car seat!

The first part of our trip was to Zions National Park where Steve's parents have a cabin. When we left Arizona in was starting to get really warm and when we woke up on our first morning in Zions we saw this... 



I was very surprised! Our plan was to take Isla on her first official hike but when I saw the snow I knew that wasn't going to happen! That is until I went in and talked with Steve's family:) They told me that they were still planning on going!!! I have to admit, I thought that was crazy at first but they assured me that down in the canyon itself there would be no snow and it would be warmer. So we went! When we got down to the park entrance I could see that they were right. Steve snapped a bunch of pictures while we drove to the place that we would catch the bus to our hike.


Isla's first hike! You can't tell but she is in that carrier that Steve is wearing:) We dressed her as warm as possible and she pretty much just slept the whole time. In my opinion it could have been a little bit warmer.... I was not prepared for snow and cold but it worked out in the end and I'm glad we did the hike because how can you go to Zion's and not ENJOY Zions!!!

Isla in her cute hat we got her just for the hike. 


One of the days Steve and his brother Scott went mountain biking & golfing in the same day! When they got back to the cabin they were exhausted so they just sat their babies next to them and chilled like this for what had to be at least an hour. This was a cute picture of them just hanging out.

We sat Miles (Isla's cousin) & Isla next to each other and took a bunch of pictures. This is one of my favorites... I love how Miles looks like he is trying to eat his shirt and is sharing it with Isla:) Must have been a good tasting shirt for both of them to want some of it!

The Zions trip was so nice and relaxing! I was worried about how Isla would do, but she was fantastic! At the end of that trip I hitched a ride to Salt Lake City with my brother in law's family and Steve went back to Mesa for work:(

One of the reasons for coming to Utah was for my friend Jessica's wedding in which I was a bridesmaid. Below is me and my friend Shannon. Jessica, Shannon & I have been friends since about elementary school and have always kept in touch over the years so I was excited to be asked to be a bridesmaid and re-unite the 3 of us together for a weekend!

Jessica and her new husband Miles coming out of the temple.


Isla & I at Jessica's wedding reception


More friends!!! I love coming to Utah and getting to see Ashley and Brittney. This time is was even more fun because Shannon came too! We had a little Sunday brunch at my parents house and Isla got to hang out with her new friend Audrey:)

During our Utah adventure we did a lot of fun things. One of the highlights was taking Isla swimming for the first time! She loved to kick her feet in the water. She is getting to be sooooo much fun!


My cousin Lexi surprised us all by coming to visit from Chicago. I love that I got to see her and her daughter Macie and I'm so glad they came swimming with us!



My sister Alli, Justin & Haddy... I love these guys:)


Isla's first dip in the pool. I wondered how she would re-act to the water since it was not as warm as her normal bath water. She loved it for about a half of an hour and then I could tell she was starting to get a little cold. I took her out and she must have been exhausted from all the kicking and splashing because she was dead asleep the rest of our time at the pool...





Cousins:) My mom got Haddy and Isla matching dresses so we could take some pictures of them together. We tried very hard to get some cute shots but it's toughing taking pictures with their age groups. I think we at least got a couple of good ones of them together.





I cut my hair!






My precious baby


On my last day we had a pot-luck thing at my parents house to celebrate my sisters birthday and My brother-in-laws graduation. Pretty much all of my extended family came and it was so much fun to see everybody! 

This was such a wonderful vacation! It is always nice to see family and whenever we stay at my parents house we truly get spoiled!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Isla is really growing! Cute pictures and I like your hair cut.

    ReplyDelete