Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Nursery

I am so in love with the nursery! After months of work it is finally ready for a baby to live here! Steve and I have had such a great time working on it, even if my need for everything to be perfect did drive him a little bit crazy at times! I am so excited to be able to show off our hard work. It looks like a lot but we really did do it all for very cheap... I feel good about the great deals we got and even though it was a lot of extra work making a lot of the things myself (like the crib bedding, the dresser, the hanging wall bookshelves, the pom poms and frames) it was worth it to safe the money and have a sense of accomplishment in the end:) We also had so many generous gifts from baby showers and my mom who truly spoiled us! She bought us the really cute white storage bench among many other things and I am so grateful for her generosity and love... 

Without further ado... 

THE NURSERY
(Hint... Click on pictures to enlarge and get the whole room experience)








 We still need to buy (or make) a seat cushion and some cute pillows for our little window seat but I think that project will have to wait until after the baby comes since I have ran out of steam for the time being...








 We have a picture to go in between those two white squares but I still need to paint the frame to match... Another project that will probably wait until after the baby.


 And of coarse it wouldn't be complete unless Weston tried it out and gave his seal of approval...


Good news... He loved it! Lets hope baby does too:)

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!! All of you hard work was definitely worth it. It is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great nursery! I love the colors and am so impressed that you made the bedding and everything. Looks great! You are going to have some great moments here.

    ReplyDelete