Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas time was magical as always. I just loved being in Utah with the family for almost a week and a half! I wasn't ready to go back yet but I guess it's back to real life:( At least I have my sister and Haddy with us. They made the long drive back with Steve and I on Monday and will be staying with us until next Monday. Steve & Weston suffer from what Steve calls "vacation separation depression". After any type of vacation they both slip into some kind of deep depression for a little while because they miss it so much, it's nice to have some family with us to ease us back into real life. My mom will also be joining us on Thursday and I'm really hoping to buckle down and get all my projects finished. My goal is to be completely ready for baby in 2 weeks so that I can just relax until she comes.

Here are a few pictures from this holiday season.

Presents under our Christmas tree. It looks so bare now that they are all gone:(


I love Christmas decorations:) I am sad it's past new years now because I'm not ready to take them down yet. I think I will at least leave  them up for another week.


This year we spent Christmas Eve and morning with my side of the family. Besides the water heater breaking the night before it was a very special Christmas and so much fun to have a baby around!



Steve and Weston. Weston has his special Christmas sweater on all ready to open presents!

This year I was pretty sick on Christmas with like a sinus infection or something. So Christmas morning we all slept in and then a few of the family members went to church and when they came back we did presents. It was a very relaxing morning which was nice.

Haddy's first Christmas! She had a lot of fun opening presents and playing with the wrapping paper. It's the simple things for them right? I loved being there to see it.



This year Justin was our Christmas elf with his ugly Christmas sweater on.



All the Cook children in our matching pajamas.



Haddy helping Weston with his present. 



Don't I look lovely? Not! 

After Christmas morning we went to Steve's parents house and had a great time. Weston got to play with the kids and we got to play fun board games! We had a fantastic Christmas! 

The rest of the vacation was nice. I had a couple of baby showers (which I already posted about below) and we switched off staying with my family and Steve's family. We got to do some fun things like bowling with Jeremy and Janessa. Having lunch with all the Murray girls while the guys watched the BYU football game, seeing my close friends and enjoying the nice weather! The weather was amazing the whole time we where in Utah, I was surprised because last year it seemed like a giant snow storm the whole time.

I saved the best for last... One night while we where at Steve's parents house his mom ran out to the grocery store. When she came back we were all playing games and she walked in and said that we better drop what we are doing and come make sure there is no damage to our cars. Of coarse we where confused especially when she told us that there was a trampoline in the front yard that had somehow gone over all of our cars in the drive way. Sure enough we walk out and this was the sight we saw...


Yes that is a dent in our car. Apparently it was so windy that the wind caused this tramp to become airborne (like in a tornado movie) and it rolled over all of our cars damaging each one. The insurance adjuster was a little surprised when we told them what happened but we took lots of pictures just in case we would have to prove what happened. Pretty crazy right?

We definitely had an eventful trip and we wouldn't have changed anything about it! We are sad the holidays are over but can't wait to do it again next year with our daughter! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos of your cute belly in the past few posts! You look so great! Christmas looks like it was a lot of fun minus the trampoline incident! I hope you guys have fun with Alli and Haddy all week! I have always been jealous of you and Alli.. I wish I had a sister! Good luck in the next few weeks.. can't wait to see your darling girl Kit.. ha ha or whatever you decide to name her :)

    ReplyDelete