Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chicago part 1: All about the park!


Steve, Isla and I recently had the opportunity to go visit my cousin Lexi and her family in Chicago last month. It was seriously so much fun and I took way too many pictures for my own good so I decided to do this in three parts so you all don't think I'm too crazy for putting up so many pictures:)

I am pretty sure that Chicago was one of the coolest cities I have ever been to. I am now officially a city girl at heart and would love to one day possibly live in a city like Chicago. There are so so many things I like about city living. One is how you don't need car and just walk everywhere. I was in Chicago about a week and a half and we only took the taxi twice (due to rain) and walked someplace new everyday!

Another one of my favorite things about downtown Chicago is all the awesome parks everywhere. We went to a few different parks but my favorite had to be one that was just at the bottom of Lexi and Ben's building... It was literally an elevator ride away! The weather was very nice while we were there so we spent a lot of time at this park so I think half of my pictures are from it. Take a look!

Ben, Lexi, Macie and Isla. We had a nice picnic one evening.


Isla's first ever experience on a swing! She loved it of coarse and even started pumping herself at one point! I was a proud mama:)
One thing that never got old was playing in the soft grass... In Arizona we don't have very soft grass to play with so Isla loved any chance that she could get to feel it, pull it and of coarse..........................
...............try to eat it.
I think Isla is a city girl at heart too. She loved being wheeled all over Chicago and was fascinated by the new sights.
What a good looking bunch!!
I tried to do a mini photo shoot because how to you pass up such amazing grass! Maybe this post should have been titled "all about grass" because I seem to talk about it a lot:)
Goodness, she is the cutest if I do say so myself:)

1 comment:

  1. I love Isla's hair in the shot where she's eating the grass! So funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete