Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Gym and I

The gym and I have some major conflicts with each other... I hate the gym, and the gym hates me! Before I had Isla I had maybe been to the gym 9 or 10 times in my life! I am not proud of this but it's true. Now that I  have this lovely leftover skin and fat from pregnancy I am determined to loose it, that is why I have been going to the gym every other day for the last 3 weeks... I AM proud of that, however, I still really hate the gym. I kid you not I get on the elliptical for 20 minutes and think I really might lose my leg function by the end of this and it's on the easiest setting... Steve keeps telling me I just need to keep going to get over "the hump" and it will start to get easier. When do you get over "the hump"? 3 weeks and still soooo painful!

The picture below is me in my work out attire today... I picked the most flattering picture I could get from the side. It doesn't look too bad in this pic but from the front you can tell I just had a baby:)



So far the gym has been paying off a little bit. I gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy and have now lost 35 of it! Only 10 more pounds to go, too bad these last 10 pounds are the hardest pounds to lose:) I also wouldn't mind loosing the 20 pounds I gained since getting married as well, but sadly I don't think I will ever be able to do that. I am not complaining, I would be very content at my pre-pregnancy weight you just always have to have a goal, right?

1 comment:

  1. For some reason the elliptical has always been extra hard for me. Even when I was at my most "fit" stage and running all the time, I just couldn't do the elliptical....so props to you! And keep it up! You only have ten pounds to go and you just had Isla the beginning of February! It took me at least 6 months...

    ReplyDelete