Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another birthday!




Steve and I are lucky to have birthdays so close together. I really like it that way, I especially like that his birthday is first because I always stress about making it perfect for him and it’s nice to just sit back and relax once it’s over:)  This year on November 9th we celebrated my 27th birthday! Interesting fact… Baby turned 27 weeks on my 27th birthday. Kind of cool I thought. For my birthday I wanted to get a rocker/glider for the baby’s room so that day we left work early and went glider shopping! This activity was the perfect birthday present! It combines all of my favorite activities into one.

1.) Shopping
2.) Shopping for baby stuff
3.) Shopping with Steve
4.) Talking about baby stuff

So basically I had a blast!

We spent a total of about 5 hours going from store to store looking at different glider/ rocking chair options. It turned out to be a little more difficult making a decision than I had anticipated! I had my “ideal” chair in my head and qualifications that it must have. My list was long in my head but what we ultimately ended up with was just practical. It is, however, the most comfortable practical chair my little bum has ever sat in! I’m sure to appreciate it all of my late nights up with the babe!

 We did manage to fit dinner and registering into our evening as well and my mom and dad sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with an adorable teddy bear along with it for the baby. I’m so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life and I truly have no complaints! I am one happy camper:)



1 comment:

  1. I cracked up when I read your list of favorite things! I'm glad you had fun and I'm sure you will love your glider chair.

    ReplyDelete