Monday, May 24, 2010

Homesick

Steve and I have a lot to look forward to right now, especially going home to Utah to visit our families! I have to admit though, I've been a little homesick lately. Here is a list of things that I miss about home...
  • I miss going to movies with my mom and sister.
  • I miss long and spiritually girl talks with my mom and sister.
  • I miss shopping with my best friends Ashley and Brittney.
  • I miss hanging out with my other best friends Jessica & Shannon.
  • I miss getting to know Steve's family better and spending more time with them. (They are awesome).
  • I miss by brothers. They are sooooo cute! (even the 22 year old who thinks he is too cool).
  • I miss my dad who is always so giving and perhaps even spoils me a little bit...
  • I miss Gracie and Olli (my parents dogs). Gracie is just so smart, smarter than your average dog, I mean, she can open the front door for you!
  • I miss crazy (and I mean CRAZY) dance parties with my cousin Lexi and sister Alli. We have some super sweet moves that just can't be done without each other (Michael Jackson techno dance).
  • I miss training table cheese fries and Noodles & Company gluten free macaroni & cheese. Yum!
  • I miss snowboarding during the winter.
  • I miss the smell and beauty of Spring.
  • I miss how pretty it is in Utah with the big beautiful mountains and soft green grass.
  • I miss downtown Salt Lake with it's big city feel without the big city danger. (Phoenix is Ghetto!)
  • I miss the Avenues with all there historic homes that just need someone like Steve & I to live in one and renovate it. I love that area.
  • I miss Amy's gluten free bread... Only available in Utah. I have yet to find a bread comparable to it:(

There are so many things I miss about home but to not leave on such a negative note here are a few reasons I love Arizona...

  • Don't feel too bad for me. I love that we have a pool in our back yard that I can lay out by any time I want too!
  • I love our orange trees, lemon tree, apple tree, apricot tree, lime tree and banana plants.
  • I love the way we have re-done our house. I feel like a queen living in a castle sometimes and think "how did we find such an awesome place".
  • I love my friends out here! A lot of them where originally Steve's friends and their wives but have quickly became mine too and I love them! I love spending time with them, going to movies and dinner with them and of course... playing games with them. They are all so wonderful!
  • I love my ward here.
  • I love our calling (in nursery).
  • It is hard to see past the heat of the summer but of course I love the winter here... It is so amazing! You can't beat it!
  • Most of all, I love my husband and he is here! I would live anywhere for him and he makes everywhere the best place to live as long as we are together...




No comments:

Post a Comment