Monday, July 22, 2013

Murray Family reunion in Zion

 Last weekend we had a Murray family reunion at the "Zion house". It was seriously so fun to see everybody. We had not even met our nephew Preston or our niece Lauren until then and they had never met Isla! Almost everybody was able to make it except for Jeff, Becky and CJ Spaulding because they had just barely moved. And also Steve's brother Scott, wife Rachel and their family because they have been having such a tough time with their little new baby Ellie who just turned two months old and has had a very rough two months of life. We (of coarse) were thinking of them the entire time and praying that they could get answers as to what was causing all of these problems. We are thinking of little Ellie today as she get her tracheotomy surgery and hope all goes well with that. She truly is such a fighter. We have not yet had the chance to meet her but just look at how beautiful and tiny she is below in a picture I stole from their blog:) We can't wait to meet her soon!



Some of the highlights from the reunion weekend was going to this sand dune!  I cannot believe how much the kids loved rolling around in the soft sand, some of the softest sand I have ever felt!

This was my best attempt at a picture of all the kids together. It was just so hard to get them all to be looking and smiling at the camera at the same time! Turned out cute though I think:)


Me and my baby:) Soon to be two babies!!




Baby Lauren who we got to meet for the first time! I can't get enough of that hair! It reminds me so much of how Isla's hair was so I was a little obsessed with it:)
 Wish I had taken a picture of baby Preston, he was also so so cute! He had the cutest dimples I think I have ever seen!

Isla liked the four wheeler the first time she tried it, but, when we tried to get her to go on it again she would not. She called it the "weeeeeeeeeeeee". (Imagine that in a high pitched squeal sound), so cute.


Pool time!


 Isla was so lucky to have her cousin Aubrey and Aunt Tay Tay giving  her lots of attention and love! They both took turns pampering her by doing her hair and nails. She looks pretty cute after!!


She also had a blast going to the Rodeo one evening were she may or may not have eaten some kind of rabbit poop that made her very sick the next day:( Why does she still like to put things in her mouth?!!





I personally feel so very blessed to have married into such a wonderful and amazing family. I am constantly in awe of Steve's mom Linda and dad Mike who raised six strong members of the church (who I truly look up to)! On top of that they have nine adopted children that are also amazing! I don't know how they do it but I am impressed and have enjoyed being around them immensely! I think I have always been a little nervous about being around them because they all seem so perfect to me and I feel so imperfect! I know that's not the case, but, thank you all for excepting me into your family and truly making me feel a part of it!

We miss all of you and can't wait to hopefully see you again soon!


2 comments:

  1. So sad we missed out. It looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Rachel! I am sad we missed it but thanks for posted about it so I can live it through you!

    ReplyDelete