Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dresser!

BEFORE...




AFTER...


I really like the way it turned out! It looks even better in person (it's a little more distressed when you see it up close). This turned out to be super easy and the perfect accent piece for the nursery! I just sanded everything down, thoroughly wiped it down with a wet rag to get rid of all the dust then I spray painted it a dark brown color. After I let that dry for a few hours I came back rubbed a candle along all of the edges getting candle wax over all the parts I wanted to have the paint coming off then I painted it the final color that we matched to the fabric I used for the nursery. After that paint dried I simply used my nail to scrape off wherever I put wax (it came off SO easy), then I put the handles back on and it was complete! Yay! Now I need another project to start on. I am very much in my nesting trimester if you can't tell:) I have to keep myself busy or all I can think about is having this baby get here already!

3 comments:

  1. I know where to turn if I want to repaint some furniture now! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete