Sunday, November 22, 2009

My birthday

I just celebrated my 25th birthday a little over a week ago and I don't feel much different. I think that's kinda how it goes though. Steve made it a very special day for me by doing exactly what I would have planned for myself on my birthday... Dinner and a movie!

Steve has always loved to be around as many people as possible, especially on occasions like a birthday. I, however, am the complete opposite. Though I love spending time with friends, what I enjoy most is good food and entertainment. Not a big crowd. Quality time with my amazing husband is the best!

My birthday fell on a Monday this year and I took the day of work to celebrate. Steve took me out to lunch at a breakfast spot because that is what I was craving and it was yummy. He also gave me these amazing flowers that I loved. They lasted a long time too because I just threw them away today (Sunday the 22nd of November), and my birthday was on the ninth.


After lunch I went shopping, and who doesn't like shopping! I bought a couple things for the house and then that night when Steve got home from dinner he gave me a nice card and in the card he said that my present was in his pants. I was a little confused by that and I am sorry if that surprises you, but that is just Steve's funny way of getting a laugh out of me. After I read the card I laughed a little and said "okay, where is my real present?" Steve say's "No really... It's in my pants"

and he pulls this out from his pocket

It's hard to see in this picture but it's a little piece of paper torn out from a magazine. I was confused at first. I was like "thanks for the fishies?" because thats what it looked like the picture was of. Eventually he told me it was a new tv. So I was excited. Now we have a new tv to play our Wii on.

After that we just went to dinner and a movie, it was a perfect night. Thank you Steve for knowing what I like and treating me so well. I always hoped I would marry someone great but you have exceeded my expectations so far and I know you will continue to do so in our future.

4 comments:

  1. yay for birthdays!! i'm glad you had a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! I was feeling bad because I think I should have known, but then I thought "I'm a guy and would have forgotten even if I did know", so now I feel better. :) I'm glad to hear it was so good.

    -spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jenna!! Being new to the family I didn't know when your b-day was so I apologize for not calling! If I ever get your address I am usually good at sending something. You sounds like you had a fabulous day to celebrate fabulous you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Late B-day Jenna! I love this story! Steve sounds so funny and cute! I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete