Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy bundt-day!

So we just celebrated Steve's 30th birthday this week on Wednesday and can I just say how weird that was... It doesn't seem like he is old enough to be 30 if that makes sense, I always though that was old. Not anymore!



I had a lot of fun planning this day for him. I have always felt that birthdays are a big deal and this birthday imparticular is because it's our first birthday as a married couple and come on... HE'S 30!

The first thing I did that morning was leave him a present to open when he woke up. I wish I could have been there when he opened it but I was at work so I left a note on top of the present saying "open me" with a nice little note telling him how much I love him and that this was not his main present. I got a text from him a little later that said "thank you! I love it". I gave him bocce ball. If you have never played bocce ball before you are missing out, it's a fun game and if anybody ever comes out to visit us we can play it!

When I got home from work I let him open up his main present along with some cards that were sent to him for his birthday. The main present was a wii... He was really excited! I also gave him the Mario kart game and an extra paddle, (they really rob you with all the little things!) We have now played it a couple times and both agree it's awesome!



After the presents we had to leave to go meet all of our friends for dinner. We went to Benihanas and then after that back to our friend's house to have cake and ice cream around a fire. It was perfect weather for the fire, it's getting so nice here! I think one of the highlights from the evening was the cake and ice cream. I wish that I was a good non-gluten free cake baker but I'm not. I did order this delicious Red velvet cake with chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting from this totally cute place called nothing bunt cakes. They have all these cute themes and decorate the cakes so nice! I also spent the night before making homemade vanilla bean ice cream which was also a huge hit! All in all I think it was a very nice birthday for Steve and he got to do his favorite thing... hang out with me and all his friends!

This is the cake.
Happy bundt-day honey!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Steve. 30 did used to seem so old until we are all rapidly approaching it. 30's the new 20 right?

    ReplyDelete