Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dating...

Easter Dinner
Steve and I have been dating a little over a year now. We met at church when I traveled to Arizona to see if moving here would be something that I wanted to do. I didn't exactly remember meeting Steve at that time but he does!

The first time I remember meeting him was at my house for a little ga
me night that my roomate Ashley and I were putting on. I'd heard about him through Ashley because she had actually taken him to a football game earlier that week and had expressed interest in him. When I saw him at the party I thought he was very cute but I wasn't looking for anything. I had just moved to Mesa and I was interested in dating a lot of people; I also didn't want to cause any contention with Ashley. Little did I know that from the day that we had apparently met at church Steve was determined to date me. He says now that he KNEW we would date, very cute.

A week or two late
r he randomly showed up at
my house to "drop something off" and I was headed out on a date to the car show in Scottsdale. I thought he stopped by to see Ashely. A couple days later he stopped by again; I had just arrived home from visiting my family in Utah so I was in my room unpacking. He came over and I, again, thought he was there to see Ashley but Ashley had just left and he came into my room and started chatting with me. When I realized that nobody else was home I was confused and wondered why he was talking to me. I can be so clueless sometimes, ha ha. Eventually he asked me out on a date for that weekend and I said yes! I was excited to go out with him.

Before we went out I felt
obligated to speak with Ashley about it first so that there would be no hard feelings. I asked, and she was fine with it. Yay! Our first date was so much fun, we got along very well and after it, I was very excited to see him again. Since then it has been over a year and I feel like every month we have just gotten closer and closer. We have had some sad times; I think Steve was just so used to his guy friends that never took offense to anything and then the poor kid started dating me. I cry during almost ANY movie including The Incredibles, oh and Elf. You may ask "how did you cry during Elf?" Well, there was a very emotional scene at the end where they sing for Christmas spirit! Very touching!

We have been on a lot of fun trips, and done a lot of exciting things in the last year. We have a built up a strong and emotion filled love for each other. I love Steve very much and I
am so happy that we are getting married.

No comments:

Post a Comment